Monday, July 31, 2017

Transformation--Sunflower Painting

I  always  love  transforming  the old  pieces  that  I  pick  up  at  flea  markets  and  garage  sales--like  this  one....


actually  one  of  2  old  cupboard  doors  that  I  found  at  a  flea  market  this  summer--$5.00  for  both--that's  $2.50  each!  You  can't  feel  guilty  about  messing  up  on these  at  that  price,  and  they are  a pretty  good  size  too--18 x 30
So--first  step--


putting  on  my  first  layer

next  step--the  sunflowers


used  a  palette  knife  for  the  first  time--once  I  got  the  hang  of  it,  it  was  fun  to  do

the  finished  door--


so  happy  with  this--don't  pass  up  those  old  doors or  whatever  you  may  see  at  flea  markets  that  could  very  well  end  up  in  the  trash--it's  always  fun seeing  what  you  can  do  with  pieces  like  these.   so now.....on  to  the  next  one!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! This is fabulous. You did a wonderful job. What will you do with them now?

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh Diana! I am always over the moon for your work. I'm still so saddened that I lost my piece that I bought from you (I think I mentioned that it fell off my wall and shattered), I've been wanting to replace it. One of these days I'm going to go shopping at your site again. I can't wait!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! An amazing transformation! Chrisx

Leisanne said...

It's beautiful. It reminds me of Monet's Sunflowers.

Melodyscraps, mixed media goddess said...

Love this, and totally inspired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails